Request for testing new libc6 for language packs

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at canonical.com
Mon Dec 13 06:05:32 CST 2004

Hi again!

Martin Pitt [2004-12-13 12:49 +0100]:
> 4. The following command should give the normal english head help:
>
>   LANGUAGE=en_US head --help
>
>   (basically any language other than en_GB should work normally)
>
> 5. The following command should give German help with the changed
>    string "If you can read this, the gettext file in
>    /usr/share/locale-langpack is used and the new libintl works.":
>
>   LANGUAGE=en_GB head --help

I forgot to mention an important detail: you must have these locales
installed to make this work. Check with

  locale -a

to show all installed locales. If you don't have an en_GB/en_US
locale, you need to install them using

  sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales

or install the coreutils.mo file into a different language directory.

Thanks,

Martin
--
Martin Pitt                       http://www.piware.de