Suggestion: make control-alt-delete bring up system monitor by default

Michael Banck mbanck at gmx.net
Mon Dec 6 18:05:25 CST 2004

Hi and sorry for being late,

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 01:47:43PM +0100, Erik Bågfors wrote:
> I know, and you can also bind ctrl-alt-delete to whatever you want in
> gnome.  That's not the point.  The point is that you want to have a
> sane default.  Having ctrl-alt-delete reboot when not in X but do
> something else in X is not sane.

Everybody not using X should not be considered sane these days :)

Seriously, I think it is impossible to achieve consistency between text
mode and X, and I do not think it is worthwhile to strive for this.

Whoever uses text mode these days should be considered somebody who
knows what they're doing.

Michael