Adding word to spell dictionary bug in evolution.

Lex Hider alexeijh at westnet.com.au
Tue Dec 7 00:48:52 CST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 00:10 -0600, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> Can you install libgtk2.0-dbg, libglib2.0-dbg and libgnomeui-dbg and
> redo. These will get us the proper values on the stack hopefully. I have
> a feeling you will need to recompile gnome-spell with symbols, it seems
> to lack a dbg package, but I'll see after this.

May not be necessary.
Spell checking preferences are at:
Tools->Settings->Composer-Prefences->Spell-Checking.

Currently I have 3 language options:
English (American)
English (British)
English (Canadian)

By default none of these are enabled but speck checking is still
functioning. Typing words spelled incorrectly causes them to be red
underlined. I don't what dictionary it's checking. Trying to add a word
to the dictionary at this point will crash evolution. This is easily
reproducible.

By enabling one of the language options, adding words to the dictionary
behaves correctly.

Manually disabling all 3 language options, but leaving a tick in the box
for "check spelling while I type", appears to disable spell checking.
You can type any junk any no red lines appear. Notice the different
behaviours between this state and the initial one.

So it would appear that a language option should be chosen for me by
default [e.g. I'm in Melbourne, Australia so the default is normally the
Brit dictionary.] and also need to make it so the inital setup won't
crash.

Let me know if you can reproduce this as I have and if you would still
like a stack trace with debug info included.

Lex.