What about localized ISOs?
ricardoperez at andaluciajunta.es
Sat Dec 4 06:24:02 CST 2004
For example, a Hoary Hedgehog Spanish ISO (apart from the official one) containing:
* The boot messages written in Spanish.
* The boot screen adapted for Spanish keyboards (in order to type boot parameters correctly).
* Localized packages for Spanish: openoffice.org-l10n-es, openoffice.org-help-es, openoffice.org-hyphenation-es, openoffice.org-spellcheck-es, openoffice.org-thesaurus-es, mozilla-firefox-locale-es...
* Live CD also localized: boot messages in Spanish, boot screen adapted for Spanish keyboards, localized packages for Spanish, localized Windows programs for Spanish (Open Office.org, Mozilla Firefox, etc.).
* Localized packs of the two CD (the Hoary one and the Live one, as is now be shipped from http://shipit.ubuntulinux.org), with texts in different languages in the two CD's cover.
What do you think about that?
More information about the ubuntu-devel