Proposed panel menu structure for hoary

Łukasz Nowak Lukasz at Nowak.eu.org
Fri Dec 3 12:49:25 CST 2004

Hello,

Dnia pią 3. grudnia 2004 18:41, Jeff Waugh napisał:
> > I don't think it's "please make my desktop work totally differently",
> > just a "please i want to see the previous menu tree until i feel ok to
> > use the current". You're saying that it's a minor change so i don't see
> > what's problem to support the previous hierarchy too.
>
> Because it requires writing the code for both structures, and the option
> between them. That's a significant effort.

Is it possibile to make it such way:
- if someone is upgrading from Warty he/she will have old menu strucutre in
special menu option @ apps (is it possibile to move menu structure on
install/first login?)

- if someone is installing fresh Hoary only Hoary-like menu is present?

Best regards,
Lukasz Nowak