Proposed panel menu structure for hoary

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Fri Dec 3 12:01:23 CST 2004

<quote who="Jerry Haltom">

> My co-worker just pointed out something about Ubuntu's menu setup as in
> warty. There is also the Gnome Menu Applet, which is a big single foot
> icon without menu labels. A lot of people still like this instead of the
> top menu bar. Those who like bottom task-bar like things.

(Other way around - we currently use the menu applet with Applications and
Computer, not the main menu button, which is just the foot.)

> This Gnome Main Menu applet is missing all of the important new
> functionality in the Computer and Applications menu's in Warty, everything
> in the computer menu, System and Desktop configuration.
>
> Discussion about how to edit this menu to provide the same functionality
> as the default Ubuntu menu's is probably pretty important.

D'oh, meant to mention this in the original mail - thanks. Once we're happy
with the menu applet design, we should figure out the best way of providing
those items in the main menu button. But let's do this once we've got a good
handle on the menu applet. :-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

                Patches are like Free Software love letters.