[il] Re: pre-installed keyboard layouts for specific language

Coburn Ingram thrusce at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 23:17:14 UTC 2023

I did verify this problem.

With a fresh install to a thumbdrive of Ubuntu 23.04, using *mkusb, *i.e. a
persistent live ISO, the only Hebrew keyboard available was the primitive
consonants-only keyboard. Sorry, I forget the name. I'm not on that install
any more, and I believe it is not one of the options in the definitions
file. The *il* definitions file with all the other options was still
present in */usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols*.

With a fresh install to a thumbdrive of Ubuntu 23.04 using a standard
install, i.e. hardware-agnostic normal install, there were *no* Hebrew
keyboards available, even when I ran *gsettings set
org.gnome.desktop.input-sources show-all-sources true*. The *il*
definitions file is still present and complete.