Feature Request: Remove fwupd in future versions of Ubuntu

Dimitri John Ledkov dimitri.ledkov at canonical.com
Tue Nov 16 19:16:58 UTC 2021

Hi,

I sympathize with your experience. The firmware updates delivered via fwupd
come directly from the OEM of your hardware. In this case Dell. The
application of dell updates via fwupd, remote management consoles, or via
manually downloaded firmware updates images from their website are
identical. It is likely that you are experiencing hardware issue and should
contact Dell for support. They do test all firmware updates across all of
their SKUs before publishing. It might be a coincidence that firmware
update triggered the fault. It is possible hardware was already defective.

I hope that Dell will be able to help you soon.

Regards.