Cfengine package

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 6 15:08:21 UTC 2020

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 09:39:09PM -0400, Kristopher Fisher wrote:
> In the never ending attempt to harden my system security, I ran the
> program Lynis, which instructed me to install a package called
> CFEngine.  In the process of installing this package, I couldn't help
> bu notice that Ubuntu has the package's homepage listed as
> http://www.cfengine.org, yet while trying to learn more before
> installing, the only package I have been able to find via all search
> engines, including Google , is page http://www.cfengine.com.

Ubuntu's current packaging comes unmodified from Debian, and it looks as
though Debian fixed this a little while back:

  https://salsa.debian.org/cfengine-team/cfengine3/-/commit/12c7780fd375b8651631afd179e45b67d1a8b8a6

So this is already fixed for the upcoming Ubuntu 20.10.

Thanks,

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson at ubuntu.com]