Upcoming Breaking Changes and Roadmap for urllib3 v2.0
Seth Michael Larson
sethmichaellarson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 22:45:36 UTC 2020
Hello, I'm Seth lead maintainer of urllib3.
Since urllib3 (packaged as python3-urllib3) is a dependency of many
packages I wanted to make our downstream users aware of upcoming changes.
Our team is planning on releasing a v2.0, the first release with
compatibility-breaking changes in over 9 years.
Here are the highlights:
- Dropping support for Python 2.7 and 3.5
- HTTPS connections will default to TLS 1.2+
- Dropping support for commonName field on certificates
- Support for Static Type Checking via Type Hints
More information on the v2.0 Roadmap and v2.0 Milestone on GitHub:
- Roadmap: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/v2-roadmap.html
- Milestone: https://github.com/urllib3/urllib3/milestone/6
Let me know if there are any questions or concerns.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ubuntu-devel-discuss