ask for support packages for nfs-kernel-server

Dimitri John Ledkov xnox at ubuntu.com
Wed May 15 15:00:10 UTC 2019

On Thu, 9 May 2019 at 18:31, <wangchenghao2123 at sina.com> wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I'm trying to install the package nfs-kernel-server on my Ubuntu 10.04.
>
> By the apt-get command, the following package are needed:
> libgssglue1_0.1-4_i386.deb
> libnfsidmap2_0.23-2_i386.deb
> librpcsecgss3_0.19-2_i386.deb
> portmap_6.0.0-1ubuntu2_i386.deb
> nfs-common_1.2.0-4ubuntu4_i386.deb
> nfs-kernel-server_1.2.0-4ubuntu4_i386.deb
>
> I cannot found the exact version for libgssglue1, libnfsidmap2 and librpcsecgss3. (I think it's due to the expired support of the Ubuntu version.) I tried the closest version of these packages that I can find. But there are dependency problems.
>
> I have spent a whole day trying to resolve it without success. Can you help to provide these pakcages? Thanks a lot!
>
> Best regards
> Chenghao WANG

As part of sunsetting obsolete ubuntu releases, they do get archived
to old-releases, and both installation media and the apt archive are
still available as a a final snapshot only.

So one can still consume that, even from a modern amd64 Ubuntu
release, for example:

$ mk-sbuild lucid --arch=i386
--debootstrap-mirror=http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
--debootstrap-keyring=/usr/share/keyrings/ubuntu-archive-removed-keys.gpg
$ schroot -c lucid-i386 -u root
$ apt-get install nfs-kernel-server
(downloads and installs all the packages one needs)

Enjoy, but do please upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionic!

--
Regards,

Dimitri.