SV: compatibility issue in environment-modules version 4.1.1-1

Gösta Ljungdahl gosta.ljungdahl at foi.se
Mon May 13 07:22:12 UTC 2019

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Gunnar Hjalmarsson [mailto:gunnarhj at ubuntu.com]
Ämne: Re: compatibility issue in environment-modules version 4.1.1-1

When reading that I think: If variables are defined at initialization, which are needed later on, why not simply turn them from pure shell variables to environment variables by export'ing them? That would be a change of the environment-modules code which ought to be doable.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The environment variables and shell functions that the initialization defines are exported with the intent of making them available to the environment. Dash when later called upon accepts the exported variables but washes the exported shell functions out as I understand it at this point.

Cheers,
Gösta