.deb package for Kitty Version: 0.11.3-1

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 10 14:46:03 UTC 2018

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 02:26:47PM +0000, Keir Wayman wrote:
> The email address that I sent my original email to came from inside the .deb
> package (attached) so I assumed a level of sanity checking had been done.

A level of sanity checking does get done automatically, but only
_against the Ubuntu release the .deb was released for_. As far as I can
tell you grabbed a .deb from a future release and tried to install it
into a previous release. That's the part that is not supported and no
sanity checking is done for that.