Ubuntu 17.10 with Gnome super key issue

Alan Goodman notifications at yescomputersolutions.com
Fri Oct 20 11:33:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

I use a Lenovo X250 laptop with, and without a Lenovo docking station.
The dock has multi monitors, keyboard, mouse, usb audio etc connected.

In at least every version of Ubuntu since Unity became the default GUI
both right and left super buttons would open somewhere I could type the
name of an application and hit enter to open it. For example super fire
enter would open firefox.

In Ubuntu 17.10 by default only the left super key opens this menu,
which is fine if my laptop is not on the dock.  When my laptop is on the
dock I am using a gaming style keyboard that doesnt have a left super
key, only a right one.  I found in Gnome Tweak Tool the option to have
either the left or the right super key open the overview.

Can we have the option to have either?

Alan