Middle Mouse Click to behave as two-finger natural scroll

Jesse Steele jesse at jessesteele.com
Thu Oct 19 16:48:34 UTC 2017

I code, draw, write, podcast, vlog, and design art. I've seen many mouse
wheels wear out fast. Middle mouse click while moving the mouse around
inside a scrollable area behaving like two-finger "natural" scrolling
would be breakthrough in ergonomics AND save the mouse wheel. But, it
would also make my Wacom pad behave more how it does in Windows, but
without any extra driver tweaks in Linux.

Save hardware, navigatebetter, work with pens/tablets better.

I have seen some scripts and instructions on making a Wacom tablet
behave a certain way, or adding specific mouse support on older
computers, but I think this would be a "kill ten birds with one stone"
to make is a setting next to "Alt + R Mouse to resize windows" in either
Tweaks or Mouse Settings, being very time-effective from development's
viewpoint. IMHO, it should be a core option in GNOME and Xfce.