Ubuntu 17.10 corrupting BIOS - many LENOVO laptops models - Bug #1734147

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Wed Nov 29 15:22:35 UTC 2017

Ralf Mardorf schreef op 29-11-2017 6:15:

> 3. Google also might help to report the bug to those responsible for
> it. Maybe Ubuntu isn't the culprit.

The point that I'm trying to make is that even if it is simply a kernel
issue not specific to Ubuntu, to the user Ubuntu is Ubuntu.

Also if these few inexperienced users manage to get their... somehow
discover or learn to understand...

Or even solve it.

Everyone else who hasn't fallen into the trap yet will not.

You cannot expect inexperienced computer USERS to know AHEAD OF TIME
what to look out for.

If you are also not going to broadcast this, I mean publicise this.

Then new people will walk into it time and time again.

At minimum there must be an advisory on the public download site not to
use Ubuntu 17.10 with those laptops.

I mean like, are you going to inform anyone?