Request: AWN-Bandwidth-Monitor Applet for AWN

Rodolfo Ferreira rodolfo.inec at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 14:44:24 UTC 2017

Hello there, Ubuntu Developers.

So, I attempted to install and run Avant Window Navigator for a lot of
reasons - one of them being that I'm a long-time Ubuntu 12.04 Precise user
and the next time I upgraded was because the support for it was over. So
I'm now using Linux Mint 18.1 Serena 64-bit (AMD Processor), which is based
On Ubuntu Xenial 16.04. As I was used to using AWN, I followed the steps on
this website
http://www.webupd8.org/2016/09/how-to-install-avant-window-navigator.html
and managed to install things properly.
There's one thing missing though: Bandwidth Monitor for AWN. This applet
did it right. Is there a probability we can get an updated version of it
for Ubuntu Xenial 64-bit? I downloaded a DEB file off Launchpad but GDebi
says "*Dependency is not satisfiable: python-gtop|python-gnome2-desktop*",
as you can see down below:

[image: Inline image 1]

Please let me know if I can help developing this AWN applet in any way I
can.

Regards,

Rodolfo