Updating Python-vtk for Xenial

Gianfranco Costamagna locutusofborg at debian.org
Wed Jul 19 13:27:15 UTC 2017

Hello, vtk7 is currently in Debian new queue, and will go in artful once accepted in the archive
https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/vtk7_7.1.1+dfsg1-1~exp1.html

once the package disappear in the above link, if accepted, will go in unstable
https://packages.qa.debian.org/vtk7

and then hopefully in Ubuntu artful some days later
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vtk7

and then you will be able to use
"backportpackage" tool to upload it in a ppa you want, or you might want to ask me to backport it for you.
backporting to official xenial repositories is also an option, but it wouldn't be my call
(I can upload, but needs testing of reverse-dependencies and a smooth upgrade path, not sure if you want to
do the paperwork)