Openscap package too outdated

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 6 06:45:51 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 07:12:57PM -0500, Tyler Hicks wrote:
> I doubt anyone out there is making much use of the existing openscap in
> 14.04. If a newer version, such as what's in 16.04, was pulled back to
> trusty-updates, it might actually be useful.
>
> Note that I haven't looked at the changes between 14.04 and 16.04's
> openscap so I don't know how disruptive such a backport would be. I also
> don't have the time to prepare and test such a backport. I just wanted
> to elaborate on why Jesus is advocating for the backport as I feel like
> it could be something worth an exception to the usual SRU rules.

Thank you for clarifying. Yes - that sounds like it might qualify for an
exception under the "change to the environment" qualification.

Jesus: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates still applies -
policies for exceptions are documented there also, along with the
procedure to follow if you are able to contribute this update.

Thanks,

Robie