Old Qbittorrent Version on APT

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 6 06:41:22 UTC 2017

Hi Harley,

On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 01:42:42AM -0400, Harley Lorenzo wrote:
> The qbittorrent version on apt is out of date and needs updating. The
> version on apt is 3.3.1 and the current version is 3.3.13. I can say that
> version is very stable based on my own testing and that an upgrade should be
> pushed onto apt. Also, keep an eye on qbittorrent updates as they are
> frequent (about once a month, give or take) and they should not be a
> security risk or at risk for regressing. This is a very commonly used
> bittorrenting program, my favourite, and users of both Ubuntu and the Ubuntu
> derivatives would be sad to see it be continually abandoned as more and more
> updates are issued.

Contributions of updates are welcome. Debian (and Ubuntu Artful) are
currently at 3.3.7. If you want 3.3.13, first contribute that to Debian,
and Ubuntu will autosync any updates to Artful (if before the
appropriate freeze date). Then if you want existing stable releases
updated, see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates for the policy
requirements and procedure to get this done. Assuming the only changes
are bugfixes, this should be straightforward, though some extra care and
effort is needed to make sure that we do not regress existing users.

Thanks,

Robie