Ubuntu in Chinese for Taiwan

Jesse Steele jesse at jessesteele.com
Tue Oct 25 14:09:14 UTC 2016

/

    /If you are connected to internet when installing, and for most
    flavors, it should install the related language support packages
    automatically. In case of Ubuntu (with Unity), those packages should
    be installed automatically even without an internet connection. //
    ////
    //If that does not work, please file a bug report and include enough
    information to make it possible for someone who investigates the
    issue to reproduce the behavior. You can file such a report to
    <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-selector/+filebug>
    for now. /

Yes, connected to Internet, selecting it, those packages almost always
do NOT install. I will file bug rep.

    /Your hint about some Taiwanese users preferring gcin over Fcitx has
    been noted. Making gcin default for typing Traditional Chinese would
    be a big change and won't likely happen soon. /

Thank you for noting gcin's pref. In your note, please remember:
1. gcin may get used a lot more in the future
2. I may write an install script for gcin myself, currently it's a
painful two-time login headache.
3. Native in the options would be nice, even if not default.
4. I hypothesize being able to use gcin's flow (ported to another is ok)
is a deal-breaker/deal-maker. With it, Taiwan could literally saturate
with Ubuntu in 1.5 years and literally make headlines with how fast it
happens. You read my prediction of the Taiwan market here first ;-)
Love you all.