Should Broadcom wifi drivers be unloaded before suspend to avoid connetivity issues? And the appopriate importance of that problem? (bug #1439771)

Iiro Laiho iiro at iirolaiho.net
Mon Oct 24 10:35:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am asking if it would be a good idea for Ubuntu to have Broadcom WLAN drivers to unload before going to sleep as a default configuration? Not doing that seems to cause networks to disappear on many systems. Or would my workaround cause some other serious issues?

There is a bug report on this topic on Launchpad, #1439771. It is currently marked as "Medium" importance. Any bug triagers here? Would "High" be more appopriate as Broadcom chips are quite common?
– Iiro Laiho