Disable screensaver on fullscreen flash

Aristotelis Mikropoulos amikrop at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 16:36:20 UTC 2016

Hello,
I am returning to Ubuntu from Windows after some years, and, though I am
generally happy, I think I have to point out something like a feature
request.
The known issue of automatically disabling screensaver/display inactivity
when you play a fullscreen flash video on any browsers. The solutions I
have found online are specific to browsers and/or outdated and/or hard for
the end user to implement. Although I may end up working it around, I feel
these kind of things should work out of the box, or else they discourage
the new user who is used to having them for granted.
The bash script solution is browser specific and hard for the new user to
do, and the Caffeine solution requires non-automated work.
Again, as I am perfectly happy to use one of them, I strongly feel it will
be much more welcoming to new users to have this (and also similar kind of
things) working out of the box for them, and will help making them stick
with Ubuntu.
Thanks for your time.