suggest policy: all GUI apps that display files/folders right-click copies full path

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Mar 27 08:15:10 UTC 2016

I guess you need to file a feature request to upstream, IOW to the GNOME
bug tracker.

I'm not using Nautilus, but if you use Thunar, and the address bar e.g.
shows /home/rocketmouse/ while .bogofilter is selected and you Ctrl+A
and Ctrl+C in the address bar, you get /home/rocketmouse/.bogofilter
and not just /home/rocketmouse/. In addition Thunar provides a right
click menu with "Open Terminal Here".

FWIW I'm even not a Thunar user, I just mention it, since this might be
what you expect.

I prefer SpaceFM over any other file manager.

In SpaceFM select e.g. .bogofilter, then Ctrl+C and you
get /home/rocketmouse/.bogofilter, this way it btw. can be done for
Thunar too.

Let alone Rodent, were you can click everything by mouse and without
using a terminal, you simply can type any terminal command.

IIRC the KDE file manager allows to split the window in file manager and
terminal and the terminal follows each step done by the file manager.

If you select an item when using Caja and you copy it works too, so
this file manager from Mate might be close enough to Nautilus for you.

Actually Nemo, the Nautilus fork from Cinnamon isn't that comfortable,
but it at least provides a right click "Open In Terminal", that
OTOH fails on my install.

Tested on an Arch install, since for my Ubuntu Wily install I only have
SpaceFM and Rodent installed.