suggest policy: all GUI apps that display files/folders right-click copies full path

Peter Belmont pabelmont2007 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 26 18:23:41 UTC 2016

When I use Nautilus, or look at Desktop, I see representations of many
files and folders. I want a very quick right-click method to copy the
fullpathname of such items.

	Am I missing this? Does it exist already?

It would be very useful to me and probably to many users.

It would also be "culturally consistent" with Mozilla software.

	*** ***

INSTEAD, TODAY, in order to "drop" full text pathnames of these
files/folders into (say) TERMINAL, I must laboriously construct the full
pathname. I must copy the filename (or foldername) and I must also copy
(or, in case of DeskTop, type from memory) the path.

Thus I need two operations to obtain

	path / filename

It's crazy. I'm surprised no-one's proposed this before.

I want to skip the labor. I want a facility like FireFox and ThunderBird
provide where, when you

	right-click something
	you get a drop-down menu which INCLUDES
	copy-this-item
	which produces a saved ("copied") text
	which may be "pasted" elsewhere.

	It works for email addresses, URLs
	UBUNTU should make this sort of thing work for ALL GUIs which display
files or folders.