pasystray mouse middle-click no reaction, not muting

Herbert Herwig herbert.herwig at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 07:32:18 UTC 2016

Dear maintainers,
with pasystray from standard repository the mouse middle-click has no
reaction, not muting as described in man page and working in former ubuntu
versions.

My mail with the developer suggests a problem with ubuntu.
Best regards
Herbert Herwig
10829 Berlin

Mails:#########################

Dear Cristoph,

using pasystray daily (standard ) I realize an issue.

Mouse middle-click doesn't mute anymore. In fact no reaction at all.

Left and right button open the menu as used.
And I think I remember a configuration ability.
I know from our last conversation, that you don't use ubuntu, but maybe you
know how to get this usefull feature back .
I can't tell you excactly when this has gone, but now I was trying  and
failed.

paysytray Version: 0.5.2-1ubuntu1
Kernel 4.4.0-24-lowlatency #43-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 8
This is PulseAudio 8.0  (with jackd2)
Ubuntu 16.10

Best regards
################################
The developers answer was:
> Mouse middle-click doesn't mute anymore. In fact no reaction at all.

*Yes, I think there is an issue with Ubuntu's StatusNotifierItem
implementation. If that is indeed the case, it should be reported to*
Ubuntu.

> paysytray 0.52

Did you install pasystray from the ubuntu repository? If so, check the
exact version, e.g.:

 $ apt-cache show pasystray | grep Version
 Version: 0.4.0-1

If you report bugs upstream (to pasystray directly), you should always
verify that you can reproduce the problem against the latest master,
by fetching the source and compile pasystray yourself.

If the bug persists, run pasystray with --debug, reproduce the problem
and attach the full output to a new github issue describing the
problem.

I also added an experimental status icon implementation using a
GtkWindow. It's not very useful in practice, but nice to rule out
problems with Ubuntu's implementation. You can enable it by disabling
all other systray implemetations:

  ./configure --disable-appindicator --disable-statusicon