Snapcraft, Snappy

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jul 9 14:52:57 UTC 2016

Hi,

on Ubuntu devel "snapcraft" was mentioned today. I made some Internet
research and Snappy was even mentioned on a RME forum. I wonder it it's
a sandbox or virtualization, that could cause issues with real-time
and/or jack connections with "regular" apps. IOW I don't understand, if
there is an additional layer, a separation or if it's just like a
regular install to /opt, without using shared libs, but also without a
layer, IOW without a separation?

Sometimes German Ubuntu help pages are better than the English pages,
but regarding this topic, there seem to be no German Ubuntu Wikis at
all.

Regards,
Ralf