Full screen / always on top

Fred H Olson fholson at cohousing.org
Tue Jan 19 17:13:11 UTC 2016

I think it is a Gnome function "Always on top". It is great. I miss it
when I can not find it on other operating systems that I have to use
sometimes.
(I get to it by: cursor on app title bar / right click / Always on top)

But Full screen / always on top makes no sense.  I occasionaly get to
this state by having an unmaximized app window, and then after forgetting
it is always on top, maximize the app window.  Then I try to select
another app and it's window does not appear.  Eventually I realize I
have a Full screen / always on top...

It would be useful if "maximize" would check if the window was
always on top.  If so it could do something like:
o undo the always on top state
o warn the user with an option to undo the always on top state
o undo the always on top state and issue an alert.

FRed

--
I support Bernie Sanders for President