Mounting Documents folder from iOS

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jan 14 17:19:23 UTC 2016

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:52:52 -0800, Mike M wrote:
>For a few releases I have not been able to mount the Documents folder
>of my iOS devices under Ubuntu.  This prevents me from copying large
>videos via cable over to VLC for viewing (instead of typing urls and
>slower wifi).

I run iTunes on a Windows 7 guest in Virtualbox. Sharing a read and
write folder with the Linux host is more comfortable when using
Virtualbox, than using KVM/VirtManager. Since I don't use it to share
videos, just to share scripts, pictures and app data such as MIDI files
and WAV, I don't know if virtualisation is as slow as wifi. IOW iTunes
on a Windows guest doesn't perform fast, but it allows to transfer data
by wire.