Bugs on Unity 8 in pc

Ramon Marquez winlux at openmailbox.org
Sat Feb 6 12:40:40 UTC 2016

i've installed Unity 8 manually through:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install unity8-desktop-session-mir

I would like to point you to the most common bugs I've found , but first
they tell them the technical specs of my pc:

- CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2,8GHz x2
- RAM Memory 4GB
- Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce (EVGA) 98000GT 1Gb VRAM
- Hard Disk SATA 2 Western Digital WCC3FLJAHUU7 1TB
- Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus 64 bits (BIOS for the time since I generated
by UEFI system problems)
- MotherBoard Intel DG41RQ
- Graphics Stack by default (Mesa 11.1.1 - xserver-xorg-video-Nouveau
1.0.12-1) i am not using the propietary drivers
- Monitor Dell P2212H 1920 x 1080 (16:9), output DVI

well, the common bugs i've found are:

- you have to log in to twice: On lightdm and in Unity8 (i think so...)
- The applications don't work (webbrowser for example) so nor work
options sound system, screen ...
- The aplication in the software center are not installed after they
have been downloaded
- there are options that are not within the pc as airplane mode
- There is not launcher and everything has to be managed by a window scopes
- The pointer mouse is very large

Well that's all for now, greetings!
--
WindTux <http://www.windtux.com/> - Noticias, Tips y mas Sobre los