PowerDNS 4.0 and Xenial

Adam Conrad adconrad at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 5 23:51:42 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 03:10:46PM +0000, Robie Basak wrote:

> The second one is to start the procedure to have a Freeze Exception[4]
> for the source packages `pdns` and `pdns-recursor`, allowing the upgrade
> from alpha1 to alpha2 to beta and to final release, after which the
> normal Ubuntu update policy will be in effect (security and critical bug
> fixes only).

If the intent is to move from alpha to beta to final well before the
Xenial release, then I'm happy with saying "yes, please do that".  If
your release won't align well with ours, rolling back is probably a
saner option, but I always prefer to explore the forward options before
resorting to going backwards.

... Adam