phablet-tools on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 20 00:01:54 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 7:40 AM, Hakam ElAssouad
<hakamelassouad at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  trying to overwrite '/usr/bin/repo', which is also in package repo
>> 1.12.32-2
>> Errors were encountered while processing:
>>  /var/cache/apt/archives/phablet-tools_1.2+16.04.20160317-0ubuntu1_all.deb

That is https://launchpad.net/bugs/1525605

As a workaround, can you try uninstalling repo before install phablet-tools.

I think the proper way to fix the bug is to either
1) Disallow repo and phablet-tools from being installed simultaneously
with "Conflicts", or
2) remove the copied repo code from phablet-tools and have
phablet-tools depend on the repo package.

We did #2 for Ubuntu 16.10 but #1 might be better for 16.04 LTS.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha