NCL installation

J Fernyhough j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 09:52:07 UTC 2016

On 14 December 2016 at 06:17, elif beyza çatalbaş
<elifbeyzacatalbas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Mrs/Mr
>
>  I want to install NCL to my computer , I am using Ubuntu and I try this commands.

This isn't really the correct list for this question - this list is
supposed to concern discussions about the Ubuntu development process,
not general technical support.

> then I tested my installation of NCL with ng4ex gsun01n -clean command. I get error like this.
>
> fatal:syntax error:line o before or near gsun01n
> ng4ex gsun01n
> ........................^
>
> fatal:error in statement

This would suggest the command you're trying to run is incorrect. That
is, `ng4ex` expects an input different to that you are providing.

> Are there any way to install them on Ubuntu?This program is important for me because I'm a
> master's degree student and I'm using this program frequently. Thank you for your consideration.

This would mean you have a much easier way forward than posting to
random mailing lists - ask the people running the course, setting the
tasks, or your local technical or IT support. You might even ask other
students.

Regards,