Show & Tell: Open Source Online Conference

Gustavo Silva gustavosantaremsilva at gmail.com
Tue May 12 22:51:29 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I hereby would like to discuss one idea the Lubuntu team has came up with
in this previous UOS (
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uos-1505/meeting/22484/community-1505-planning-session/
).

The idea is to basically create regular online conferences, where people
have the place to show their personal & business projects, people can
educate others, explain their point of view of given topics and so on. Be
aware: The concept is not strict to those kind of conferences. It still
needs some work around, but the basic idea is there. You can find it
relatively well developed in the below link (Apologies for using Google on
this one, but I believe it is the most easy-to-use tool for the time
being):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d1qDnuooN7a7L64veURqIM0-NY8AZRw5eVMHHn67oXs/edit?usp=sharing

Why the conferences? Well, this increases the incentives and the enthusiasm
of new people to stick around and learn new things. And, of course, it is
an opportunity for people to show themselves to the world. You have an
idea? Your business is way more productive because you use open source
strategically? You would like to explain to others how to do this or that?
Well then, you are more than qualified to propose a session and later
discuss it online.

My intention to email you all about this idea is because I do not believe
in its success unless we all gather strengths and do this together -
assuming some of you guys are interested, of course. Besides, it is an idea
that is open to all of us, and not only Lubuntu - or Ubuntu.
I am up to debate anything in regard to this project. I am willing to
schedule a Hangout session if there is the need for it.

Feel free to reply with any suggestion, question or just to send me to hell
:-)
Thank you for your time!

Best Regards / Obrigado e com os melhores cumprimentos,
Gustavo Silva

*Phonebloks <https://phonebloks.com/en>, Partnership Manager*
*Lubuntu Wiki & Documentation <https://launchpad.net/%7Elubuntu-wiki-docs>,
Team Leader*