upgrade udev on Ubuntu 14.04

Qiang Huang h.huangqiang at huawei.com
Wed Mar 18 02:46:43 UTC 2015

On 2015/3/17 13:21, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I backported systemd 208 (including udev, of course), from Utopic, to Trusty.
>
> Take a look: https://launchpad.net/~martinx/+archive/ubuntu/systemd
>
> You can try it on Trusty by running:
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:martinx/systemd
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> Hoe it helps!
>
> Let us know if it works for you!   :-)

Hi Thiago,

Thanks so much for your help, I got some network problems using PPA,
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:martinx/systemd
Cannot add PPA: 'ppa:martinx/systemd'.
Please check that the PPA name or format is correct.

solutions googled out http://itsfoss.com/fix-add-ppa-error-ubuntu-1404-linux-mint/
won't help.

I tried add source manually to /etc/apt/sources.list, but failed at
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 91F1B266D01CEBCD
got keyserver timeout, tried different keyservers, no luck.

Anyway, latest news from Docker:
https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/4036#issuecomment-82375836
seems udev version might not be the root cause, so I'll hold on the upgrading.

Could you keep your udev208 PPA remain in case we need it in the future?

Thanks,
Qiang