Unity window layout

Michael Hall mhall119 at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 13 19:38:34 UTC 2015

Chrome has a setting to use the system window decorations, which puts
the window controls on the left.

The main reason not to move it is because of the way Unity merges the
window title bar with the top panel for maximized windows. When that
happens, your window controls are still there in the top-left. But if
they were on the right of the window title, they would conflict with the
indicators on the right of the top panel.

Michael Hall
mhall119 at ubuntu.com