Bug in glib (LP#1214352)

Nrbrtx nrbrtx at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 16:45:52 UTC 2015

Dear Ubuntu developers!

I found that there is a bug in glib package in Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS - see
LP#1214352 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glib2.0/+bug/1214352>.
This bug breaks very useful and often used feature - opening LibreOffice
documents from Samba (SMB/CIFS) network shares.

In some cases this bug may become security flaw, denial of service or
desktop system freeze.

The patch for fixing it contains two lines (see it on GNOME
<https://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/commit/?id=255c65f83c1515a7e3fc4609b36e72acc08a79e4>
).

Please fix this bug.

For me it seems that not only critical bugs must be fixed as soon as
possible.
Bugs which make user's life harder should be fixed too. Users expect good
UX with Ubuntu.

With best regards,
Ubuntu user,
Norbert.