How shall I report a bug in the .deb packaging itself?

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 17:07:06 UTC 2015

Ralf Mardorf:
 > Do you think it would be a good idea if apt would provide a checklist
 > that ask the user for each command 20 or 30 questions before it
 > continues?

It could be that, instead of asking if to proceed, to write down
packages to exclude.

Alberto Salvia Novella:
 > What should "purge" do?

The same thing.

Alberto Salvia Novella:
 > Would that make us get rid of complains?

Ralf Mardorf:
 > What do you think?

99% of improvements I saw found some kind of hate against them, and the
strong ones came from people that were not getting so much done.

Ralf Mardorf:
 > This kind of user won't notice a few packages that were not removed.

The present behaviour leads to various desktop environments running
simultaneously in the background, when no application really needs them.

This was suggested by a different user, and I just validated that it is
very true.

Moreover: http://tinyurl.com/zdkrarz