crypt boot sequence polishing

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Sun Dec 13 16:26:31 UTC 2015

I just want to offer a little suggestion.

On my system(s), as various components are being initialized during
boot, there is a high chance that one element is going to give an
error as regards to crypt initialization:

http://www.xen.dds.nl/f/i/screenshots/ubuntu/vb_ubuntu_00.png

A few seconds later, this error is apparently resolved, so there is no
need for the user to see that error.

http://www.xen.dds.nl/f/i/screenshots/ubuntu/vb_ubuntu_01.png

*THIS DOESN'T ALWAYS happen*. It is apparently a timing issue.

Apart from this issue, there is a kind of kernel error that I see
happening a lot, this should also not be shown in this splash thing:

http://www.xen.dds.nl/f/i/screenshots/ubuntu/vb_ubuntu_02.png

The final image I see before the desktop comes is:

http://www.xen.dds.nl/f/i/screenshots/ubuntu/vb_ubuntu_03.png

Here is the sequence in a html page:

http://www.xen.dds.nl/f/i/screenshots/ubuntu/ubuntu_boot-leakage.html

Apart from the initial cryptsetup prompt (that could also use
polishing, but that's a different thing).

Regards, Xen.