missing dependency

Tomáš Čech sleep_walker at gnu.org
Fri Dec 11 11:04:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to install ubuntu-sdk-ide and walkthrough tutorials but
first (during web app tutorial) I got these messages when I tried to
run "my" "project":

  Starting /usr/bin/webapp-container...
  "file:///usr/share/webbrowser-app/webcontainer/webapp-container.qml:21 module "Ubuntu.UnityWebApps" is not installed
  file:///usr/share/webbrowser-app/webcontainer/webapp-container.qml:22 module "Ubuntu.Web" is not installed
  file:///usr/share/webbrowser-app/webcontainer/webapp-container.qml:21 module "Ubuntu.UnityWebApps" is not installed
  file:///usr/share/webbrowser-app/webcontainer/webapp-container.qml:22 module "Ubuntu.Web" is not installed
  "
  /usr/bin/webapp-container exited with code 0

When I tried to install some more packages to see whether it solves
this issue, I couldn't run ubuntu-sdk-ide anymore:

  $ ubuntu-sdk
  This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "ubuntumirclient".

  Available platform plugins are: eglfs, kms, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, xcb.

  Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
  /usr/bin/ubuntu-sdk: line 6: 20465 Aborted                 (core dumped) $BINDIR/qtcreator -platformtheme appmenu-qt5 ${1+"$@"}

My question is, what am I missing (ideally in both cases)?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Tomas Cech