Debian Continuous Integration on Ubuntu

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 9 09:21:02 UTC 2015

Hey Ole,

Ole Streicher [2015-04-09 11:13 +0200]:
> I am curious about the CI process on Ubuntu. The web page ci.ubuntu.com
> seems to play with image CI tests that are independent of the Debian
> ones.

Right, these are for Ubuntu desktop/server/touch images, which are
Ubuntu specific.

> Are the Debian Continuous Integration tests <https://ci.debian.net/> run
> during Ubuntu development as well, or is this planned? If yes, how can
> one access the results?

Yes, in fact Ubuntu began with the autopkgtest business and
ci.debian.net was then set up to run them for Debian too :-)
The results for vivid are on

  https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/Vivid/view/AutoPkgTest/

Similar URLs for trusty and utopic.

Ubuntu uses the tests to gate the landing of package uploads into the
development series, so

  http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses.html

is also an useful page to look at.

Martin