Minutes from the Technical Board meeting, 2014-03-17

Dimitri John Ledkov xnox at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 18 18:03:12 UTC 2014

Dear Marc / Techboard,

On 17 March 2014 21:51, Marc Deslauriers <marc.deslauriers at canonical.com> wrote:
> Technical Board meeting, 2014-03-17
>
>  * LTS status for Ubuntu flavours
>   * Edubuntu, Kubuntu, Kylin will be supported for 5 years
>   * GNOME, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu, Studio and Lubuntu will be supported for 3 years
>   * [ACTION] infinity to mark 14.04 LTS flavor support in Launchpad

Thanks for this. I have updated my merge proposal against launchpad
which was updating the support time-frames.

Note that Kylin is not currently seed-based build, thus there is no
germinate output to include Kylin-packages into a 5y support window.
Maybe we should create kylin seed, even if that is not used for
package building? There is already a kylin metapackage whish is
something similar to a seed, maybe we can convert it into a seed.

What shall be the definition of PRIMARY_ARCHES, SUPPORTED_ARCHES, and
the support time-frames those receive?

I took liberty to add armhf, arm64 and ppc64el to supported arches
since they are considered as such by ubuntu release team (e.g.
regressions on those architectures block proposed-migration) but i
haven't change the logic for defining support time-frames. What
support time-frames we'd like to have per-arch / flavour / image-type?

The updated merge proposal against launchpad is at:
https://code.launchpad.net/~xnox/launchpad/update-maintenance-check-3/+merge/194778

You can run the script:
./cronscripts/publishing/maintenance-check.py trusty

to generate the list for inspection, and a few options are supported
to add more details to it.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.