Upgrade issues

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Mon Jun 2 19:32:48 UTC 2014

You would make this easier for yourself and all of us if you start with a few basic bits of information:

 Which Ubuntu version did you use before the upgrade?

 What did you upgrade to?

 How did you do the upgrade?

 Which desktop did you use?  I note you mention "Mate" which I don't know much about, but which until very recently seems not to even have been in the official repositories.  Did you install it via a PPA?

 Did you use tweaks or other UI configuration management tools that are not officially supported by Ubuntu?

If you used features unsupported by Ubuntu, you should ask the supporters of those repos and tools about how to do a clean upgrade.

Neal McBurnett                 http://neal.mcburnett.org/