Devuan

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Mon Dec 1 17:28:32 UTC 2014

I'm not a list admin, so it's only my opinion.  I don't have any power stop
anyone from saying anything.  People can discuss whatever they want that's
related to Ubuntu development (thus the name of the list).  Personally, I
think discussion of other potential Debian derivatives doesn't qualify.  Other
people may feel differently.

What you might consider is that many Ubuntu developers don't bother to
subscribe to this list since the signal to noise ratio is low.  If you lower
it, then more will unsubscribe.

This is supposed to be a list where developers and non-developers can interact
and discuss Ubuntu development, but in the past developers have just
unsubscribed when it got to unpleasant.

We really, really don't need the Debian systemd flames leaking into Ubuntu.
Posting about it here is, in my opinion, only going to have a negative result.
Most (if not all) of the Ubuntu developers who work on the core platform
(including init) are also involved in Debian, so it's not like we aren't well
aware of it.

Scott K