any plymouth ...

Thomas Prost t at prosts.info
Thu May 16 19:27:46 UTC 2013

Am Mittwoch, den 15.05.2013, 09:03 +0200 schrieb Martin Pitt:
> Thomas Prost [2013-05-15  8:28 +0200]:
> > So the question is: What must I do to carry on, seeing all what the
> > machine is doing - instead of that nice aubergine screen ?
>
> Drop the "splash" boot option. You can do this for an individual boot
> in the grub menu editor (press shift after power on to get to the grub
> menu), or permantly in /etc/default/grub and then running
> "sudo update-grub".

You mean that -->

#GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="noplymouth noquiet nosplash"

I changed the outcommented original first deleting splash - no boot
messages :-(
Then deleted quiet also - still no messages :-(

Then filled in all I could find - up to what you see above.
Even if it might not be meaningful it doesn't produce error messages -
but still no boot messages on my screen, that still switches to
aubergine. Only the Ubuntu sign isn't shown anymore ...

Is it possible, that there are scripts pre-loading plymouth ?
--
Best,
Thomas