Puppet version bump

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Sat Jan 26 19:29:56 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM, John Moser <john.r.moser at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm noticing that 2.7 is still the version of Puppet in Raring; however,
> version 3.0 was released October 1, 2012, before release of 12.04:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/puppet-users/lqmTBX9XDtw/discussion
>
> Does this package currently not have a maintainer, or is it just slow

12.04 was released on 26/4/12 not in October.  12.10 was released in
October and Puppets release was after the feature freeze.  You will
need to wait until 13.04.  It has nothing to do with being slow, it
has to do with them either releasing before the feature freeze or
having to wait until the next release cycle.  Typically a feature
freeze happens 1-2 months before release... so if puppet releases 3.0
in October there is no reason for it to make it into 12.10 (in that
case) because there were probably no super important security updates
that mandated an extreme exception.