auto generated menu.lst file contents

Saqlain Abbas saqlain.abbas.7 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 09:10:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have customized Ubuntu distribution, along with several customization i
have also changed distribution name, it works well. Currently I use this
cutomized distro rootfs with Linux kernel  but whenever i do update-grub,
the auto-generated menu.lst file do have original distro name, My question
is grub read which file to determine distro name, as i want to customize it
completely.

Sample snippet from auto-generated menu.lst file

title Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.17-10-generic
root (hd0,4)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.17-10-generic root=/dev/sda5 ro quiet splash
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.17-10-generic

Look at title, it contains original distro name, it shows i missed some
file in orignal distro and grub still can determine original distro name
and show it in tile. So kindly guide how grub determine distro name...

--
Kind Regards,
Saqlain Abbas.