NetworkManager cleartext config files vs home folder encryption

Wed Dec 25 02:07:25 UTC 2013

Hello,

I recently stumbled over the fact, that NetworkManager by default stores
Wifi profiles *including clear text passwords* under
`/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/`.

I think that is not what one expects when he/she turns on home folder
encryption and should because of that be corrected somehow.[1]

All the best,
Per Guth

[1]: I fixed it for me (a single user system) by moving the config files
into my home folder as documented here:
http://echt.guth.so/moving-networkmanager-config-files-to-home/