Aptitude installed by default on 13.10?

Chris Mosetick cmosetick at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 18:01:47 UTC 2013

This has been a great discussion.
I have always used aptitude even on desktop installs of Ubuntu because
I can use one program to search and install. This makes life much
easier, but yes the better dependency handling is another reason I use
it as well.
For example:
aptitude search htop
aptitude install htop
vs
apt-cache search htop
apt-get instal htop

It's much easier in my opinion to use one program (aptitude) to
search, install and show info about packages.

But I think what everyone really needs to ask themselves right now:
Have you mooed today?

aptitude -v moo
There really are no Easter Eggs in this program.
aptitude -vv moo
Didn't I already tell you that there are no Easter Eggs in this program?
aptitude -vvv moo
Stop it!
aptitude -vvvv moo
Okay, okay, if I give you an Easter Egg, will you go away?
aptitude -vvvvv moo
All right, you win.
                               /----\
                       -------/      \