File systems

Chris Jones chrisjones at spin.net.au
Fri Jun 22 23:30:01 UTC 2012

ubuntu-devel-discuss-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
> From: John Moser <john.r.moser at gmail.com>
> To: ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: File systems
>
> <snip>

of various filesystems.

There is never going to be one-all-end-all filesystem in any operating
system. I guess, be grateful in Linux we have a choice to select and use
the filesystem the best suits our needs.

Regarding BtrFS. I think it's coming along nicely. I am using it in one
of my drives and I've had no issues at all. But yes, it is not final yet
as we all know.

Regards

		Chris Jones @ kernel.devproject at gmail.com

OpenSUSE Linux x86_64 (PC)|Android (Smartphone)|Windows 7 (Laptop)|Windows XP (Gaming)
Kernel developer|Lead Developer of SDL|Lead Developer of Nest Linux|Gamer and Emulator nut|Web Services|Digital Imaging Services
Controllers: Rapier V2 Gaming mouse|Logitech Precision|PS3 controller|XB360 controller|Logitech Attack 3 j/stick
Emulators: Fusion|Gens|ZSNES|Project64|PCSX-R|Stella|WinVICE|WinUAE